I have been an Intuitive Psychic Counselor for over 25 years along with Life Coach, Emotional Addiction Counselor (similar to 12-Step), Holistic Therapist, Reiki Master and Author. Curiosity about psychics, mediums and all things paranormal always hit a high at this time of year. People like to plan parties around having a psychic giving their guests a reading and multiple TV shows carry the story line of gifted psychic abilities to help catch the bad guy, let alone all the other paranormal shows. Witches of course, are always supposed to prophetic, be able to see in the scary future. But more and more, people are turning to gifted psychics to help them with everyday problems in love, career and family. Sometimes just looking for reassurance and someone to talk to that can tell them they aren’t crazy for feeling the things they do and to clarify what they are. And then of course, the famous “does he love me and will he call me” questions that are paramount in a psychic’s line of work.
But what if you have never been to a psychic before or have and been disappointed, what should you look for and ask, or do you ask anything? So many people misunderstand that because you have psychic gifts you are lumped into a big category of being able to do it all, foretell the future, empathic reads, find lost animals and objects, speak to spirit and identify a health issue. We don’t! Each psychic’s gifts are unique to them and all have different gifts they can offer. Being an Akashic medium (reading one’s soul journey) does not mean that I will automatically read your soul record or contact you dead uncle Fred(too many bad childhood encounters) and I will not do a medical intuitive reading as I do not care to squish around people’s organs to resolve a health issue. So, in order for you to find what you are looking for, here are some simple guidelines to use when looking for a good reader. Also, always bear in mind that no matter how good a reader is, there are some instances where they just cannot connect with you for whatever reason. It is that area, if you have a reader of good character and integrity, she will tell you so and suggest you find another reader to help you. If a psychic is authentic, they will tell you the information they communicate doesn’t come from them, it comes through them. This means that the psychic has little control over what they are being spiritually guided to convey. In some instances, you’ll receive what you need, not what you want — which may be two very different things.
1. If you are looking for an answer to a specific issue, then make that clear right from the start. If you ask for a general reading about your life, what is going to happen is they will pull a lot of information that you already know about yourself and that is not what you paid for and will be disappointed. You will be impressed for sure but disappointed you did not get the answer to the issue on your mind.
2. Let the psychic guide the session where it need to go. Try not to interrupt when information is being given to you, putting in your opinion about what you think should happen or hope to happen. You’re paying a professional psychic for their time; allow them to do their job and lead the discussion where it needs to go. A good psychic should do most of the talking and only ask you to validate or confirm the impressions they receive.
3. Listen for details that you can relate to. An authentic psychic will be able to spontaneously provide you with simple tidbits of information to affirm that they are connecting with you. Don’t expect to hear from the spirit medium where your aunt hid the will or the secret signal you had with your deceased wife or boyfriend. In fact, just the opposite may be true. Sometimes a psychic will pick up random pictures or circumstances that are from the past and does not relate to the present in any way. Often people will develop “psychic amnesia,” by which they become oblivious to the obvious for not having total recall in the moment. Give yourself some time to process everything that has been said to you before making a judgement on the reading or reader. Some information given may even happen a few years down the road.
4. Do you know if you are seeing or talking with a psychic or a medium? All mediums are psychic but not every psychic is a medium. A medium is someone who can intentionally connect with one or more of your loved ones who have passed on; a psychic is someone who specializes in communicating intuitive information about your life, relationships and your future. Find out in advance if the reader is a psychic, a medium, or both. It will help you choose which one can help you get the answers you are looking for. Go in open-minded. It’s okay to have expectations of wanting to hear from a loved one but don’t be surprised if someone you did not even know when they were alive or a relative you would prefer not to ever hear from again shows up. This tends to be the way things work spiritually and what you are hearing could very well be exactly what you’re intended to receive as it pertains to healing your family and life in general.
5. Do not be intimidated by your reader if it doesn’t feel right. Politely say you just feel you are not connecting with anything that is being said and end the session. If you become uncomfortable with negative information being given to you about death, foretelling a tragedy, promising you winning lottery numbers or informing you that you have a curse put upon you and your family and that to remove it, you need to return repeatedly, terminate it immediately. A reputable psychic will not “hook” you into thinking you must keep on coming back in order for them to help you with your life. That is your decision and only yours. Run, don’t walk, from anyone who conducts business with you in a manner that does not feel authentic. A false psychic will bluff their way through, totally focused on making a buck with all the extra stuff they can offer you. Don’t hesitate to ask for references or to research a psychic online. Word of mouth is always the best way to get a good psychic, either with testimonies on line or personally. Sometimes, you can get lucky in finding good readers at local psychic fairs in your area. A gifted and good psychic’s work will speak for itself.
‘Courage Sans Peur’ (Courage w/o Fear)
To Contact Susan Z Rich: (Individual Readings)
Author of Soul Windows..Secrets From The Divine on Amazon
If you are also interested in learning more about Soul Windows life cycles and how it effects our experiences and choices and help in understanding how to handle the emotions that come with them, you can also look up my book
on Amazon called Soul Windows….Secrets From The Divine by Susan Z Rich. It may help you to see things from a different perspective.